Sunday, August 14, 2011

The amazing cooks I know...

I'm blessed to have amazing friends and family in my life who love to cook. Ryan and I have been treated to so many delicious meals that I wanted to start featuring some of the other amazing cooks I know on my blog. 

The first installment of my blogs guest cook is Chrissy Keene. Chrissy and I met our sophomore year of college in Park Spring Apartment complex in Madison. We both lived with 4 girls and met Ryan and Sean who lived with three other boys across the hall. She started dating Sean that year and Ryan and I followed the next year. Who would have known that we'd meet our husbands in that building and remain great friends. We are so lucky that they live 10 minutes from us. Chrissy and Sean are both amazing cooks and love to cook together. They throw great parties and always have plenty of fresh, delicious food. They amaze me with their ability to cook without recipes. Sean can marinate the best meat with a random concoction of seasonings and Chrissy always has great vegetable dishes. Below is one of my favorites of hers. I'm not sure where the recipe is from but it's a melon, mozzarella salad. This is the perfect example of moderation. The picture shows the prosciutto the most since it's on top but once the dish is mixed their are fruits, vegetables, nuts and cheese. While prosciutto is higher in salt and fat you don't need to use much of it in a big dish. If you're like me then you need a little salty cured Italian meat every once in awhile and having it in a salad is the perfect outlet!
Source: Giada-Food Network
Chunks of fresh mozzarella, cantaloupe, roasted pine nuts, crisply cooked asparagus and crispy prosciutto crumbles topped with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sina, Do you have the recipe for this salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend who made it is in Poland right now but when she gets back I'll send it to you and post it to the blog. It's SO DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete