Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The amazing cooks I know...

This month I want to feature another amazing cook I know; my best friend Rachel.

You've probably heard me talk about Rachel before as she is one of the three women who inspired me to love cooking (her, my mom and my Aunt Nancy). Rachel has always been great at baking and trying fun new recipes. We both are Cooking Light addicts so it's fun to hear what she makes out of the magazine each month and what I chose to make. Often times there is some overlap as we seem to have the same taste. She is also the proud mother to a new gorgeous baby girl, Alexis. Alexis is the luckiest girl in the world as she will always have delicious lunches that her friends will be jealous of. 

I asked Rachel to think of a recipe she makes a lot to feature on the blog and she thought of the perfect dish; jambalaya. This is great for two reasons. One, I can think of multiple times I've been on the phone with Rachel as she makes this and two, I don't eat shellfish so my blog is lacking great recipes with shrimp.

Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage (click on the title to bring you to the recipe)
Source: Cooking Light April 2005


You know you've become an expert at a recipe when you have your to do adjustments. Here are Rachel's recommended adjustments after many preparations.
-Double the Shrimp and Sausage
-Use a little extra of all the spices. If you're nervous just do a few extra shakes of each
-Add Rotisserie Chicken

Serve with Cornbread

What better recipe to make on a cold evening than this flavorful, spicy dish. My mom has already said she can't wait to make this recipe! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment