Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Tribute to the Food of the Month - Aaron's Favorite Turkey Burgers


My brother-in-law shares the same love for cooking as I do and this year for my birthday he sent me his favorite turkey burger recipe for June's Food of the Month. It was such a thoughtful gift and I was very excited to make this recipe since olives and feta cheese are right up my alley.

I made the burgers this Thursday when our friends Jena and Ryan came over for dinner. Although it's a big statement I can say they are the best homemade turkey burger I have ever made; and believe me I've made a lot. He also sent me a great recipe for homemade french fries which was ironic since at work I just talked about satisfying cravings, specifically french fries, in a healthy way. If you've been craving a burger and fries try making them at home with healthier ingredients. Not only will you save money but you'll save fat and your arteries as well!

Turkey Burgers with Tomato Jam, Olives and Feta (Source: Bon Appetit August 2008)
Burger Ingredients (pre-olives)
Oven Fries:
-Two pounds unpeeled russet potatoes cut into 1/2 inch sticks
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1.5 tsp cracked coriander seeds
-1 tsp dried thyme
-Course salt
-I also added some fresh rosemary, chopped
Toss ingredients in a large bowl and bake at 450 degrees for 40-50 minutes (or until crispy).
Ratings: Sina: 5, Ryan: 3.5 (per Ryan "a 4 if I would have made them crispier")

 

1 comment: