Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Pasta: Garganelli with Apsaragus and Pecorino Cheese

This months Cooking Light featured a series of spring pastas. While I love pasta with homemade marinara or bolognese sauces I also love the taste of an olive oil, lemon or other herb sauce and fresh vegetables or pancetta. A perfect dish for spring! To start off the series of spring pastas I made the Garganelli with Asparagus and Pecorino Cheese for dinner tonight since it was quick and I didn't get home from yoga until late.

Ever since I studied abroad in Italy I am obsessed with pecorino romano cheese. For those of you who haven't tried it it's a hard Italian cheese made out of sheep's milk. It has a very sharp and slightly salty taste and is great for grating on dishes. Similar to a Parmigiano Reggiano but better!


Sina's Adjustments to this Recipe:
-My grocery store didn't have garganelli noodles so I used campanelle noodles. 
-I added two roasted red pepper chicken sausage (slice and sauté with asparagus)
-Two garlic cloves instead of one
-Crushed red pepper to top
Vegetarian version: Make original recipe but sub vegetable broth for chicken broth 

My husband enjoying his pasta with a glass of white wine. Buon Appetito


No comments:

Post a Comment