Sunday, December 12, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon

My best friend Rachel and I both have a love for cooking but we live in different states so we rarely get to cook together. Luckily, every Christmas we take a day off for a long weekend together.  This year we decided to tackle Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon recipe. After patting the beef dry, chopping, browning, baking, mixing, baking and then sautéing the mushrooms and onions we were set.

At about the 30th step and an hour in we started to wonder if this was going to be worth all the effort. A few hours later as the smell filled the house our confidence in this dish grew. While this isn't a light recipe nor was it a quick and easy recipe it was definitely worth it. I have never been a big a beef eater since the texture isn't my favorite but this was perfect. So for the once a year I am up for a good comfort stew I think I'll make it again.  If you have the time and a good cooking partner (because you're in the kitchen for awhile) I highly recommend tackling the iconic Julia Child's recipe. Here is the online recipe. The video they have helped explain a few of the steps to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment