Thursday, September 15, 2011

Seattle/Vancouver

I have to report back on the amazing food we ate in Seattle and Vancouver. While I don't have pictures of every meal I can tell you it was a lot of fish, Mediterranean (delicious hummus and pitas for a few meals), home cooking, southern food and BBQ. Here is a mini recap of a few of our meals.

Sushi
How can you go to the Pacific north west and not get sushi. They have such a fresh supply of fish and tons of sushi restaurants offering fun specialty rolls. My brother and sister in law brought us to their favorite restaurant, Umi Sake House. I forgot to take a picture of all of our rolls since I was too excited to eat but here is a picture of two pieces at the end. A specialty one with jalapenos, salmon and blueberries and a spicy tuna with ginger on top.


Home Cooking with Sara
On the menu: Homemade cabbage cole slaw, corn on the cob and snapper cooked with soy vay sauce, mushrooms and bok choi.

Southern Food
Last but not least our southern meal at Kingfish Cafe . My brother brought my parents and I there 4 or 5 years ago when we came out to visit and it's been a place I still talk about to Ryan. The last time we went we had homemade sweet potato pudding for dessert that has made me think of going back ever since. You will be happy to know that even dietitians splurge sometimes. Take note at what I ordered...yes...fried chicken. If you're ever at a good Southern style restaurant they can make the chicken moist and not too greasy, which is  worth the occasionally extra fat.  It also came with delicious collard greens and potato salad.

Ryan's Entree: Slow Pokin' Sisters BBQ Beef Ribs
Sina's Entree: My Way or the Highway Buttermilk Fried Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment